Rules & Regulations
All contestants must submit their online registration
by Friday, December 1st, 2012.
Immediate past year winners of Morristown's Got Talent (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) are not eligible to audition again.
No registrations will be accepted after this date.
- Contestants of all ages are eligible to audition. Parent/guardian must be present with contestants under the age of 18. Parent/guardian must sign registration form if any performer is under 18 years of age, please click here. Contestants over the age of 18, please click here.
- Contestants must live, work or attend school in Morristown, Morris Township or Morris Plains
- Morristown High school alumni are eligible to audition for MGT.
- If your act consists of multiple members, at least 50% of the act must live, work, or attend school in Morristown, Morris Plains, or Morris Township.
- Professional entertainers are not eligible. A professional is anyone whose livelihood is from the type of performance entered in the competition.
- All acts will have a 5 minute time limit.
- CDs/tapes are allowed for accompaniment only. They must consist of only the item being used for the performance. Vocals are limited to background only, no lead vocals allowed. Contestants are responsible for picking up their CD’s/tapes after the show. Lip sync and karaoke are not permitted.
- The following categories will be permitted for performance: singing, dancing, instrumentals, poetry, readings, comedy, drama, skits, and novelty acts.
- Equipment provided are piano, cassette/CD player, and microphone. Contestants must bring everything else to the auditions.
- A sound system will be provided the evening of the show. All contestants must use the sound system provided. Individual amplifiers will not be permitted the evening of the show.
- The use of batons, pyrotechnics, dangerous equipment or live animals is prohibited.
- All acts must be appropriate for family and TV audiences.
- All contestants must audition in person at Morristown High School on Saturday, December 15, 2012. No one, even if part of a group, will be allowed to perform in the competition if he/she have not auditioned.
- The Morristown’s Got Talent Selection Committee will select up to 16 acts. Two alternate acts will be chosen in case of emergency. Finalists must notify selection committee at 201-919-3319 immediately if unable to perform on the day of competition.
- All contestants must perform the same act, with the same persons, on February 27, 2013, which was performed at the audition.
- Finalists are expected to attend one media day and one rehearsal day prior to the show. Media day is January 5, 2013.
- Finalists are expected to arrive at the Community Theatre no later than 3:00 pm on show day, February 27, 2013, and are expected to appear for rehearsal earlier that day. Time to be announced. Finalists must also sign a media waiver.
- Judges will score the finalists on overall talent, showmanship and creativity.
- The show will be judged by a panel of professionals from the performing arts field. The decision of the judges is final.
- Cash prizes will be awarded approximately 1 week after the show.
- All rules will be strictly enforced. Any violations will result in immediate disqualification.
- Prior to auditioning, all acts must complete the media release form.
- Please direct all questions to email@example.com.
- No auditions will be seen without the $10 registration fee paid. Registration Fee can be paid by accepting cash, check or credit card via paypal.
- Show us your talent and have a great time!
At its discretion, these rules may be modified at any time without notice by the governing committee of Morristown's Got Talent. Any changes to the rules will be considered final.